We decided to bite the bullet and purchase a brand new set of lead acid batteries that hopefully will be dependable for the next 10-20 years.
As they are lead acid they couldn't be stored inside the shed where the other batteries were, so hubby had to build a new little shed at the back of the power room to store the new batteries
He then connected this through the power room wall to the inverter and controller.
Our building is progressing well, the builder is now up to doing all the trims, architraves and cover strips, we chose cover strips as we have a flat roofed house and we get a little movement and the strips will allow for that.
It is finally starting to look like a proper room now, and we are also really pleased with the more uniform look of the front of the house.
We pulled the small crop of beetroots that we planted and I pickled them into pints,( the lid went onto the water bath pot after I took this photo) they will come in handy over the summer days for salads and burgers.
I mixed the green batch while it was still too hot and that is why it ended up with two colours.
We will probably have a few more fires over the next couple of months as we have several piles of dead tree stumps and sticks that need burning and we haven't been able to burn the last couple of years as it had been so dry and always happened to be windy when we would be here for a few days at a time.
We should soon be able to paint and tile the new area before much longer and finally will be able to unpack the rest of the boxes, it will be wonderful when my home gets back to normal.
So until we meet again,
Take care ,