We headed off with the trailer loaded up again as usual, this time with two 1000 litre water cubes and a pile of recycled metal poles and a few recycled rolls of chain link mesh.
Next morning he had to run a check on all the big batteries, he found a dead cell in one and replaced it with a spare one we had up our sleeve.(now we need to buy a new spare.) !
We had a lovely day.
Some good friends of ours who come regularly to the farm were coming so that Ken could help my husband with the chicken run work, but we had to get quite a bit of work done first before they arrived.
We had selected a lovely shady area under trees, but reasonably protected from cold Southerly winds, but we had to remove quite a few dead and straggly trees from the area to make it more suitable for the purpose.
We spent a few days, clearing and dragging all the trees and stumps to a big pile(I feel a bonfire coming on), what we couldn't pull out, we burnt out, sitting having drinks by a few fires over a few nights, It was a lovely relaxing way to end a hard days work.
Next my man started digging holes for the main corner posts and gate posts.
In no time at all they had most of the outer yard up.
The photo above is the first half completed, we would have got more done but bad weather set in and the boys retired to the lounge room and the TV to watch some well earned football and beers.
We are really pleased with the yard, especially as most of it was constructed out of recycled materials.We ended up with a 17 X 12 metre yard.
We wanted to get the gate (also recycled,an unused metal security door) on, but simply just ran out of time. Next trip up hopefully.
All in all we had a very successful and enjoyable trip up and it finally is starting to feel that we will be living there soon.
Until we meet again,